- Traffic switched to temporary carriageway between Westlow Mere and Smithy Lane for the duration of the bridge construction – The date for switching the traffic has been agreed for 1st May.
- Temporary road controlled by 2 way traffic lights.
- 10 MPH speed restriction imposed.
- Signs are going to be erected giving advanced warning to local residents and road users.
- Sandy Lane will be closed for the duration of the scheme on the 28th May. we understand this will impact the surrounding roads, in particular Box Lane, especially at peak times. We are therefore carrying out traffic awareness days at both Congleton High School and Black Firs Primary School. I have also put together a newsletter which will be getting issued at the start of next month. We have arranged for signs to be erected in the weeks leading up to the closure warning people.