Somerford Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
A Referendum relating to the adoption of the Somerford Neighbourhood Plan will be held on 15 February 2018. A copy of the Notice of Referendum is attached – which will be published on 11 January 2018.
The question which will be asked in the Referendum is:
“Do you want Cheshire East Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Somerford to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Referendum area is identified on the map which is included with this information statement.
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Somerford Neighbourhood area.
A person is entitled to vote in the Referendum if on 15 February 2018
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the Referendum area: and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A person’s qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2396.52. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 585.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, may be inspected at:
They can also be viewed on computer screens at:
Macclesfield Town Hall, Market Place, Macclesfield, SK10 1EA – Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Delamere House, Delamere Street, Crewe, CW1 2JZ – Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5pm – except Tuesdays – 8.45am to 4pm
All Cheshire East libraries – for opening hours please contact the libraries directly
Paper copies of the specified documents are also available to view during normal office hours at:
Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, CW11 1HZ
The specified documents are:
- The Somerford Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Report of the independent examiner
- Summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner
- Statement by the local planning authority that the draft plan meets the basic conditions and complies with the relevant legislation
- A statement that sets out general information about town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum
- This information statement.
Dated: Monday 8 January 2018
Cheshire East Borough Council
Sandbach CW11 1HZ